Who says New Year's Eve is the only time to make resolutions? As we head into a season of more sun and warmth, we think it might be interesting to see what pops into our heads about what we'd like more of this summer:
- Pursuing a passion, like sports, fishing, making art, diving, going to outdoor concerts.
- Learning something new -- a language, how to meditate, sail a boat, exploring a new part of Connecticut or New York City, playing congas.
- Luxuriating in having few plans, as if the clock doesn't exist.
- Getting away on day trips, longer vacations, or the vacation lunch (eating outside for an hour.)
- Being a flaneur, wandering aimlessly and enjoying the spectacle of the moment.
- Having people over more for simple lunches, coffee, or parties.
- Playing with friends and strangers, including games, walks, shopping, star-gazing, talking in an outdoor cafe.
- Indulging in more pleasure, like food, entertainment, sex.
- Accomplishing something related to your ambition, including taking a work related course, writing an article about your work, becoming more well known, starting a new business, beginning a new career-enhancing project.
- “Gne Gne,” Montefiori Cocktail
- “Summertime,” DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince
- “Cruel Summer,” Bananarama
- “Summer Breeze,” Jason Mraz