It’s been five years since the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. Catherine Violet Hubbard was one of 20 children killed, along with six educators. Her family has spent the past five years planning an animal sanctuary in her memory .
- Immigration Tribunals Stressed As Refugee Applicants Arrive In Canada On Foot
- Maine To Set Up New Collaborative To Research Lobster Fishery
- What’s Been The Impact Of Connecticut’s Gun Laws After Sandy Hook?
- A Cawful Examination Of Connecticut’s Crows
- The Other Side of Roxham Road: Canada Grapples With Border Refugees
Merely Torres-Garcia sat in the second-floor conference room at a downtown Hartford Red Roof Inn, and she was bundled up -- wearing two shirts, a zip-up hoodie, a jacket, and gloves. She also had on a pair of Air Jordans which she said is something she wouldn’t wear in Puerto Rico.