This year marks the 150th anniversary of Memorial Day. On May 30th, 1868, a group of veteran Union soldiers known as the Grand Army of the Republic held the first "Decoration Day" as it was known back then as a way to commemorate their fallen comrades. Noank, Connecticut has been cited by several sources on the internet for having the longest running continuous Memorial Day Parade in the country. Are those sources correct? Noanker Dr. Karen Meister Willis spent a year looking into this claim....
- Maple Syrup Makers Don’t Want An ‘Added Sugar’ Label
- Northern Pass Poised For State Supreme Court Review, Amid New Legal Challenge
- Black Drug Users Grapple With Surging Opioid Overdose Death Rates
- Long Trail Relocation Brings New Accessible Boardwalk To Smugglers’ Notch
- For Hurricane Evacuee And Mom, Persistence Leads To Graduation