Updated at 6:25 p.m. ET Congressional Republicans released a final draft of their tax bill Friday. With newfound support from two wavering senators, lawmakers appear to be on track to pass the measure and deliver it to President Trump for his signature by Christmas. Votes in the House and Senate are expected next week. "I know everyone's lives will be better off under tax reform," said Rep. Kevin Brady, R-Texas, who played a lead role in crafting the bill as chairman of the House Ways and...
- Immigration Tribunals Stressed As Refugee Applicants Arrive In Canada On Foot
- Maine To Set Up New Collaborative To Research Lobster Fishery
- What’s Been The Impact Of Connecticut’s Gun Laws After Sandy Hook?
- A Cawful Examination Of Connecticut’s Crows
- The Other Side of Roxham Road: Canada Grapples With Border Refugees
Merely Torres-Garcia sat in the second-floor conference room at a downtown Hartford Red Roof Inn, and she was bundled up -- wearing two shirts, a zip-up hoodie, a jacket, and gloves. She also had on a pair of Air Jordans which she said is something she wouldn’t wear in Puerto Rico.