Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
Where We Live
Fri March 9, 2012
The Women's Wealth Divide
We’ve been hearing about a “war on women” in the political arena - mostly over issues of contraception and reproductive rights. But a new book by Dr. Mariko Chang looks at what might be a more pressing problem...a wealth gap that’s faced women for years. The book is Shortchanged: Why Women Have Less Wealth and What Can Be Done About It.
She joins us to talk about the wealth gap - and she'll be in Hartford on March 14th to speak at PCSW's Women's Day at the Capitol.