Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Transgender Teen Sent to Connecticut Adult Prison
- New Haven Cardboard Furniture Company Goes Beyond One-Man Production
- DCF Commissioner Defends Transfer of Transgender Juvenile to York Prison
- The Nose Replaces Colbert, Marries Jesus, and Has No Love For the Gov
- Connecticut's Growing Role in Mushroom Cultivation
The Colin McEnroe Show
Tue November 26, 2013
Will the Real Norman Rockwell Please Stand Up?
Norman Rockwell. It's the day before Thanksgiving. Who else are we gonna talk about? Deborah Solomon (the same one who invented the "Questions for" format in the New York Times magazine) will spend the whole show talking about her new comprehensive biography of Rockwell.
Did you know that his wife suffered terrible depression and spent time in Hartford's Institute of Living? Did you know that Rockwell himself was a patient of the legendary Erik Erikson? We'll also explore modern reappraisals of Rockwell's oeuvre.
- Deborah Solomon is the author of “American Mirror: The Life and Art of Norman Rockwell”. She was a long-time columnist of "Questions For" at the New York Times Magazine, and is currently the art critic for WNYC.
- Stephanie Plunkett is the Deputy Director/Chief Curator of the Norman Rockwell Museum in Stockbridge, Massachusetts.
Comments or questions? Fill in the box below, email Colin@wnpr.org, or tweet @wnprcolin.