Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
Fri April 20, 2012
Where We Live: Mike + Ruthy
Mike and Ruthy are a folk and blues duo from Woodstock New York, who’ve been playing together for thirteen years. They’re also a married couple - with a young son and another child on the way.
Their music spans the wide spectrum of “Americana” - featuring fiddle, banjo, guitar and tight harmony singing.
They have strong ties to the music scene all over New England and Upstate New York - and their new release, just out this week, is an homage to New York City.
The NYC EP is a collection of six new songs that includes a newly re-crafted Woody Guthrie Ballad called My New York City.
Today, we’ll be hearing them play live in our studio 3 - as they preview a show tonight at the Studio at Billings Forge in Hartford.