Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
Where We Live
Fri December 16, 2011
Where We Live: Mates of State
Kori Gardner and Jason Hammel are a husband and wife duo who’ve been playing together since the mid nineties. They have been touring the country with children in tow for years.
As you’ll hear - they mix the rock n roll lifestyle of an indie pop band with a settled life in Connecticut. And their bubbly, synth-heavy sound has become a favorite of NPR, and Ira Glass of This American Life.
They stopped by the studios of WVOF at Fairfield University to talk about their new music.