Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An Unusual, Non-Lethal Idea to Deal With Connecticut's Pesky Monk Parakeets
- Watch: Candidates for Connecticut Governor Debate in New London
- Gov. Malloy: "You Don't Have to Love Me"
- New Haven Patient Tests Negative in Preliminary Result After Isolation for Ebola-Like Symptoms
- To Cut Student Debt, Florida College Cuts Off Some Student Borrowing
Where We Live
Thu June 23, 2011
Where We Live: Cocktails, A History Of
WNPR has a popular regular show where food and drink flows freely. This is not that show.
Yes, while Faith Middleton's Food Schmooze gets ready to crown a “Connecticut state cocktail” tonight - we’ll take our “sober” look at the history of the cocktail.
According to Dale DeGroff, founding president of The Museum of the American Cocktail, “the cocktail is as American as jazz, apple pie, and baseball… and as diverse and colorful as America itself.” We’ll talk with him, along with author Wayne Curtis, who traced the history of the new world in 10 cocktails.
And, an expert mixologist from New Haven’s 116 Crown weighs in on the cocktail revival - we’ll shake things up and pour through the deep history of our favorite mixed drinks.