Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
Where We Live
Thu June 23, 2011
Where We Live: Cocktails, A History Of
WNPR has a popular regular show where food and drink flows freely. This is not that show.
Yes, while Faith Middleton's Food Schmooze gets ready to crown a “Connecticut state cocktail” tonight - we’ll take our “sober” look at the history of the cocktail.
According to Dale DeGroff, founding president of The Museum of the American Cocktail, “the cocktail is as American as jazz, apple pie, and baseball… and as diverse and colorful as America itself.” We’ll talk with him, along with author Wayne Curtis, who traced the history of the new world in 10 cocktails.
And, an expert mixologist from New Haven’s 116 Crown weighs in on the cocktail revival - we’ll shake things up and pour through the deep history of our favorite mixed drinks.