Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Where We Live
Wed April 9, 2014
The Wheelhouse Bleeds Blue But Politicians Are Looking for Green
It feels a lot like 2004. Both UConn basketball teams are national champions, John Rowland is under investigation, and a Kennedy is in the news! Coming up on our weekly news roundtable The Wheelhouse, our panel of reporters and analysts weighs in on the state's relationship with it's flagship university. Governor Dannel Malloy (er - Dan Malloy) is trying to cash in on UConn's success as he runs for re-election.
We also say goodbye to a radio competitor who signed off last week. But we have a feeling that former Governor John Rowland will stay in the news.
Also, several Connecticut restaurants are in trouble for playing music and not paying royalties.
- Colin McEnroe - Host of The Colin McEnroe Show on WNPR
- Mark Pazniokas - Capitol bureau chief for The Connecticut Mirror
- Khalilah Brown-Dean - Associate professor of political science at Quinnipiac University
- Dan Haar - Writes for The Hartford Courant
- Karen Ali - Web editor for the Connecticut Law Tribune