Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- In Hartford Eminent Domain Case, Property Owner Wants More Money
- The Ten All-Time Best Christmas Songs (of All Time)
- After Lawsuit Regarding Baseball Stadium, Hartford Changes Course
- What's Driving the Electric Rate Hike in Connecticut?; Herbalife's So-Called "Pyramid Scheme"
- Families of Pearl Harbor Casualties Want the Navy to Send Home Their Remains
The Colin McEnroe Show
Thu May 8, 2014
What's The Best Job For Your Personality?
You probably wonder sometimes if you chose. Growing up, I was pretty sure I'd be a novelist and sometimes even now I wonder why I'm not. Why am I not sitting in a cabin at the McDowell Colony banging out my 24th book. No kidding, I really feel pretty bad about that.
But the reality is, I'm not wired that way. My mind needs constant stimulation and constant feedback. This is a really good job for me even though my self-image is radically different.
It's a hard thing to face. We think we know what we're supposed to be but even if we achieve that goal, we might be profoundly unhappy. That's what we're going to talk about on today's show, who you really are and what kind of job makes sense for a person like you. Our guest will be Paul Tieger who has researched this question for decades and his daughter Kelly, who joined him on the latest edition of Do What You Are, Paul's best-selling classic.
How do you know if you're in the right job and how can you make the most of the one you're in?
Take this test to find out your personality type.
- Paul Tieger is CEO of SpeedReading People and the co-author of five books on personality type, including The Art of SpeedReading People, Nurture by Nature, and Do What You Are
- Kelly Tieger is Paul’s daughter, and is the co-author of the latest edition of Do What You Are