Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Room Escape: A New Genre of Entertainment Comes to New Haven
- Gov. Malloy Declares State of Emergency, Statewide Travel Ban
- Rising, Young Saxophonist Alexa Tarantino Headlines at Baby Grand Jazz Series
- For Tesla, a Fight in Connecticut to Open Stores and Sell Cars
- In Hartford, Griebel Considers City Council Run
Thu December 26, 2013
Visiting Hartford's Homeless Population
Frequent WNPR guest and former Hartford Courant columnist Susan Campbell rode along with the Hartford Homeless Outreach Team early on Thursday morning. She works for Partnership for Strong Communities, which is working to end homelessness.
Follow along with her tweets that show a different side of our capital city. The Outreach Team brings food and warm clothes to the homeless every Thursday.
Tune in to WNPR's Where We Live on Monday, December 30 for a discussion about homelessness in Connecticut, including a look at a recent study about homeless young people in the state.