Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
Where We Live
Mon October 3, 2011
Tom Ridge was the first Homeland Security Secretary under George W. Bush. He’s in town this past weekend to speak on the Connecticut Forum panel called “Global Affairs: A World of Revolution” with host Michel Martin from NPR, former policy director for the state department, Anne Marie Slaughter, and foreign affairs journalist Robin Wright.
We talked to Ridge about whether American fighting abroad is making us safer at home, and where this former Republican insider stands on the current crop of Presidential candidates.