Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- In Hartford Eminent Domain Case, Property Owner Wants More Money
- The Ten All-Time Best Christmas Songs (of All Time)
- After Lawsuit Regarding Baseball Stadium, Hartford Changes Course
- What's Driving the Electric Rate Hike in Connecticut?; Herbalife's So-Called "Pyramid Scheme"
- Families of Pearl Harbor Casualties Want the Navy to Send Home Their Remains
Mon March 24, 2014
Student Athletes Shine in Basketball Finals at Mohegan Sun Arena
The state high school basketball tournament brought excitement to the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville over the weekend. The Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference Tournament featured eight championship games in the basketball finals, with over a dozen schools' boys and girls teams across the state competing.
Saturday featured five games, and Sunday featured three. A wrap-up at CPTVSports.org captured some of the drama for the games, which went by quickly and showcased some of the best basketball talent in the state.
Saturday's games included some surprises. From the story:
The nightcap was a memorable boys Class LL final. Bridgeport Central trailed by 18 halftime before unleashing a full-court press that forced 15 Fairfield Prep turnovers as the Hilltoppers stunned the No. 1 and previously unbeaten Jesuits 76-73.
The New London girls' team won its first state girls basketball title on Sunday:
In Game 1, New London won its first state girls basketball title, holding off a late Morgan run for a 57-52 victory. Charee Osborne had 16 points and 11 rebounds for the Whalers, who led by 14 at halftime before Morgan rallied to cut it to 53-52 with 2:06 to go. But the Whalers regrouped and held the Huskies scoreless the rest of the way.