Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
The Colin McEnroe Show
Wed September 28, 2011
Staying Entertained On A Budget
Our in-house name for this show is "Entertainment Freeganism", but that's kind of a misnomer. On the one hand, it's true that you can entertain yourself with a lot of free television and movies on your computer, if you're willing to watch it all there - and the amount of free music available on the internet is staggering. A visit we paid to a local library did remind us of how much free material there is to be had there. And, as you'll learn on our show today, a good antenna will give you surprisingly high quality over-the-air television.
But once you move away from what is free and start trying to play around with some of the cheaper ways to get streaming video and make it play on your television, or ways to beat the high cost of DSL internet service, it gets really complicated. And every time we try to make it simple, it gets complicated again! But we have high hopes our panel today can iron it out.
Leave your comments below, e-mail email@example.com or Tweet us @wnprcolin.