Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Room Escape: A New Genre of Entertainment Comes to New Haven
- Gov. Malloy Declares State of Emergency, Statewide Travel Ban
- Rising, Young Saxophonist Alexa Tarantino Headlines at Baby Grand Jazz Series
- For Tesla, a Fight in Connecticut to Open Stores and Sell Cars
- In Hartford, Griebel Considers City Council Run
Fri February 21, 2014
State Republicans Release Federal Subpoenas
House GOP Minority Leader Larry Cafero has confirmed that federal agents had interviewed "various members of our caucus relating to an inquiry into campaign vendor mailings." He said Republicans are cooperating with the investigation.
Cafero also said that Chief of Staff George Gallo resigned his position, saying that it was Gallo's "opinion that he is a person of interest of the investigation."
The subpoenas ask Republicans about information related to Direct Mail Systems, Inc.; The Vinco Group, LLC; King Strategic Communications; New Friends PAC; and Gallo.