Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- In Hartford Eminent Domain Case, Property Owner Wants More Money
- The Ten All-Time Best Christmas Songs (of All Time)
- After Lawsuit Regarding Baseball Stadium, Hartford Changes Course
- What's Driving the Electric Rate Hike in Connecticut?; Herbalife's So-Called "Pyramid Scheme"
- Families of Pearl Harbor Casualties Want the Navy to Send Home Their Remains
Fri July 11, 2014
On Stage: The Colorado Black Arts Festival
“On Stage” is our look at what’s happening on the boards across the country, from comedy shows to celebrations of slices of American life.
Today, we turn to the Colorado Black Arts Festival, kicking off in Denver today. The festival features three full stages with jazz, blues, reggae and gospel music, as well as traditional African drumming and dance.
Here & Now’s Robin Young speaks with former dancer Perry Ayers, who co-founded the festival 28 years ago and is now the artistic director, about what’s on tap for this weekend.
- Perry Ayers, Colorado Black Arts Festival co-founder and artistic director.