Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
The Faith Middleton Show
Thu March 22, 2012
“An actor has many lives and many people within him. I know there are lots of people inside me. No one ever said I’m dull.” ~ Shirley MacLaine
Academy Award-winning actress, dancer and author Shirley MacLaine has enraptured live audiences and moviegoers for five decades in such memorable films as The Apartment, Around the World in Eighty Days, Irma La Douce, Sweet Charity, Terms of Endearment, and Steel Magnolias. She will appear in PBS’s Downton Abbey next season as Lady Grantham’s mother, Martha Levinson, which she is currently filming. MacLaine is also schedule to receive the American Film Institute’s Lifetime Achievement award on June 7, 2012 to honor her work in film.
In a frank and provocative evening at Torrington's Warner Theater on March 24, MacLaine will take an audience through a musical and humorous journey through film that combines a montage of memorable moments with private revelations about her extraordinary life, career, and spiritual journey.