Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
The Colin McEnroe Show
Tue August 28, 2012
A Roundtable About Rebates
I freely confess that today's show arose from my own sense of consumer exasperation. I don't buy many things, but occasionally one's cellphone breaks and one has no choice. I went to Verizon. The guy and I picked out a phone for me.
He quoted me a price of $200 plus a $50 mail-in rebate. With the feeble, ebbing strength of my dying old phone, I managed one final wheezing flickering internet browser. The MSRP for this new phone was 80 bucks. I pointed this out to my new friend.
He hemmed and hawed and said he could give me a price that, with rebate, would bring me to 80 bucks.
I really wanted to walk out right then and there and cancel my phone and live without one or something. The whole system is so abusive and unreal.
But instead, I talked my staff into doing this show.
Let us hear your rebate stories and tactics. Leave your comments below, e-mail email@example.com or Tweet us @wnprcolin.