Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
The Colin McEnroe Show
Fri October 12, 2012
The Nose: Who Won The VP Debate?
Several clashes were happening at once last night in the vice-presidential debate. There was the obvious one between Republican and Democrat, but there was a less obvious battle going on. Paul Ryan is part of a generational cohort that WILL run this country very soon. Joe Biden is the tail end of a group that included both Clintons, Mitt Romney and George W. Bush. Barack Obama is kind of a bridge between those two.
The 2016 election will be interesting in many ways, and this is one of them.
Biden and Hillary Clinton will be around 70.
Over the last 50 years, Americans have preferred younger presidents, despite a blip with Presidents Reagan and the older Bush in the 1980s.
Last night, it was good to be the old guy. Joe Biden exuded and kind of "been there, done that" confidence. How will that play in four years? Hear a lively discussion of the Ryan-Biden debate on today's show. Leave your comments below, e-mail email@example.com or Tweet us@wnprcolin.