Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
The Colin McEnroe Show
Fri September 28, 2012
The Nose: Pop-Up Radio & Considering Downtown Hartford
For the second straight day, we're in downtown Hartford in a makeshift -- but very nice -- pop-up studio in an abandoned bank branch on the east edge of State House Square. The Nose, our weekly roundtable panel will begin by talking about two projects that promise to breathe new life into the moribund Front Street section of of the Adriaen's Landing site. In February, a four-screen movie theater should be opening there, and by the end of next year, it will have, as a neighbor, a Hartford version of Infinity Music Hall.
Too little too late? Or just enough to wake up a project that never realized the promise of its public investment, which nearly a billion dollars?
We'll also ask our panel if there are other things about the capital city that make them hopeful. Leave your comments below, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or Tweet us @wnprcolin.