Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
The Colin McEnroe Show
Fri August 17, 2012
The Nose: Parking Meters, Presidential Workouts, & Getting 'Shredded' On P90X
What's with all the fuss about the body of Paul Ryan?
After last weekend's vice presidential announcement, the gossip site TMZ launched an immediate quest for a shirtless photo of Ryan. When they found it, they ran it with kind of an apology for how out-of-date it was. "While Ryan's bod ain't bad in the pic ... sources close to Paul's abs tell us Ryan has totally transformed his midsection in the past couple of years ... and now he's totally shredded with a killer 6-pack." More words from a TMZ webcast: “Dude’s ripped.” “Paul Ryan is a workout freak.” “He has the Hollywood looks.” OK, that's TMZ, but this kind of talk has filtered into the mainstream press where Ryan's body fat percentage seems as important as his budget plan. And never far from that talk is the P90X, the futuristically named workout plan he uses. Leave your comments below, e-mail email@example.com or Tweet us @wnprcolin.