Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
The Colin McEnroe Show
Fri July 13, 2012
The Nose: Free Hugs, TomKat, Happiness In Politics, And Travelling While Rude
Every time I turned on my TV this week, there was a Tom Cruise movie playing. Are they able to do that? And by "that" I mean react so quickly to celebrity news that they can move somebody's back catalogue into the movie rotation of a cable channel. Maybe it was just a coincidence. Maybe if I knew more about what Scientology says about coincidences... Well, actually, I do.
Scientology would probably say that because communication among beings takes places in ways we're not conscious of, it's quite possible that cable movie programmers knew that Cruise was about to be in the news. Anyway, I caught a little bit of him in "Born on the Fourth of July" and a lot of him in "The Color of Money." He's a really good actor. And in a film like that latter one, where his job involves giving some ground to a featured, senior actor like Paul Newman (or Dustin Hoffman in "Rain Man") he's really great at that. Also, the weirdness of Tom Cruise on today's show. Leave your comments below, email email@example.com, or tweet us @wnprcolin.