Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Room Escape: A New Genre of Entertainment Comes to New Haven
- Gov. Malloy Declares State of Emergency, Statewide Travel Ban
- Rising, Young Saxophonist Alexa Tarantino Headlines at Baby Grand Jazz Series
- For Tesla, a Fight in Connecticut to Open Stores and Sell Cars
- In Hartford, Griebel Considers City Council Run
Where We Live
Thu April 7, 2011
New Media Partnerships in Journalism
For years, we’ve been hearing about the chronic struggles of newspapers and the proliferation of so called “new media” sources of journalism.
As one outcome of this change, the traditional competition for stories between papers has given way to a new era of cooperation. By pooling resources and working together, these upstarts are making a real impact, informing the community, and driving the discussion in collaboration with newspapers.
Today we continue our series of conversations recorded at a conference called “Lifting the Veil: Journalism Uncovered.”
We’ll talk with a panel of innovators who are forming partnerships to present insightful and investigative journalism of the highest order (while maintaining a healthy sense of “competition”).