Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler on Being Wiccan and NPR Discrimination
- How Effective Are Charter Schools?
- Listen Closely: There's Something Hidden in This Hummingbird's Chirp
- Gov. Christie Visits Connecticut Following Gun Bill Veto; a Local Perspective on Ukrainian Conflict
- For Stadium, Hartford to Buy Back Land It Once Owned
The Faith Middleton Show
Mon February 7, 2011
The Low GI Handbook
With over 1 million copies sold of the three previous editions, The New Glucose Revolution is the go-to book for all things GI. Now in its fourth edition, The New Glucose Revolution is completely revised and updated, expanding on the most recent scientific findings related to GI and health. It includes new chapters dedicated to pre-diabetes, pregnancy, and heart health; easy and delicious recipes; weekly low-GI menu ideas; and the GI values for more than 900 different foods and drinks, plus saturated fat and carbohydrate contents listed. On the heels of Dr. David Jenkins' groundbreaking GI study (one of the largest and longest to assess the impact of foods with a low GI), the time is right to adopt and maintain a low-GI lifestyle.
If you want to lose weight; manage your diabetes; and improve your blood glucose levels, cardiovascular health, and sense of well-being, this is the book for you.
(De Capo Press)