Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Thanksgiving Dinner Kit
- Hartford Files to Take Land By Eminent Domain for Baseball Stadium Project
- How One Connecticut School Went From Funeral Parlor to Top Arts School in the Nation
- Connecticut Governor OKs Limiting Cooperation With Immigration Authorities
- NPR's Clocks Are Changing! (What Does That Mean For You?)
Where We Live
Fri October 4, 2013
Joycelyn Elders and Dan Savage: Let's Talk About Sex
Today we’ll air an interview we taped last week. She was in Hartford for a talk about Health Equity sponsored by the Connecticut Health Foundation.
She recounts her experience being kicked out of Washington, and talks about the importance of sex education to a nation that has the highest teen pregnancy rate in the industrialized world.
- Joycelyn Elders, pediatric endocrinologist, Professor Emeritus at the University of Arkansas School of Medicing, sixteenth Surgeon General of the United States, public health advocate
- Dan Savage, writer, TV personality, and activist. Advice columnist at Savage Love, and creator of the It Gets Better Project