Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
Where We Live
Fri October 4, 2013
Joycelyn Elders and Dan Savage: Let's Talk About Sex
Today we’ll air an interview we taped last week. She was in Hartford for a talk about Health Equity sponsored by the Connecticut Health Foundation.
She recounts her experience being kicked out of Washington, and talks about the importance of sex education to a nation that has the highest teen pregnancy rate in the industrialized world.
- Joycelyn Elders, pediatric endocrinologist, Professor Emeritus at the University of Arkansas School of Medicing, sixteenth Surgeon General of the United States, public health advocate
- Dan Savage, writer, TV personality, and activist. Advice columnist at Savage Love, and creator of the It Gets Better Project