Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
Where We Live
Wed June 15, 2011
International Festival of Arts and Ideas
This past weekend kicked off the annual International Festival of Arts and Ideas, a highlight of the summer in New Haven.
For 15 days the festival creates an environment of entertainment and serious discourse in the city through concerts, lectures, films, live theater, tours and activities for kids.
We didn’t want to miss out on the action so we headed down to New Haven for a live broadcast today from The Study at Yale.
Today we’ll talk to some of the artists and thinkers involved in this annual festival – like MacArthur genius-winning choreographer, Susan Marshall, and Haitian singer-activist Emeline Michel.
We’ll talk about when happens when artists and thinkers come from more than 75 countries and transform what’s already a vibrant city.