Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
Where We Live
Tue October 8, 2013
How Much Longer Will the Shutdown Last?
Wednesdays are usually reserved for our weekly news roundtable The Wheelhouse. Just like last week, the big story is the federal government shutdown. From outside Washington, it doesn't look like Congress and President Obama is any closer to reaching a deal. We talk with political observers about the shutdown and what needs to be done (or will be done) to resolve this.
Who do you think needs to budge to reach a deal? House Republicans? Or President Obama and Senate Democrats?
- Colin McEnroe - Host of WNPR's The Colin McEnroe Show
- Bill Curry - Democratic Political Analyst and former adviser in the Clinton White House
- Isaias Diaz - Lawyer, Chairman of the Latino and Puerto Rican Affairs Commission
- Daniela Altimari - Political reporter for the Hartford Courant