Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- In Hartford Eminent Domain Case, Property Owner Wants More Money
- The Ten All-Time Best Christmas Songs (of All Time)
- After Lawsuit Regarding Baseball Stadium, Hartford Changes Course
- What's Driving the Electric Rate Hike in Connecticut?; Herbalife's So-Called "Pyramid Scheme"
- Families of Pearl Harbor Casualties Want the Navy to Send Home Their Remains
Thu May 15, 2014
On The Hill And Off It, Two Different GOP Positions On Minimum Wage
Originally published on Thu May 15, 2014 8:18 pm
Prominent Republicans — including former presidential candidates Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum and Tim Pawlenty — have endorsed a minimum wage hike in recent weeks. And in Vermont, lawmakers approved the nation's highest statewide minimum wage, in a deal brokered by a Republican state senator. Nevertheless, a nationwide increase faces solid Republican opposition in Congress.