Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Room Escape: A New Genre of Entertainment Comes to New Haven
- Gov. Malloy Declares State of Emergency, Statewide Travel Ban
- Rising, Young Saxophonist Alexa Tarantino Headlines at Baby Grand Jazz Series
- For Tesla, a Fight in Connecticut to Open Stores and Sell Cars
- In Hartford, Griebel Considers City Council Run
Where We Live
Wed December 14, 2011
Health Care Advocate Victoria Veltri
Connecticut’s new healthcare advocate, Victoria Veltri is tasked with helping residents through the maze of health care laws, regulations and roadblocks.
Veltri’s involved in disputes between insurance carriers and health care providers; disputes about the state’s Medicaid program for low-income adults; and about the implementation of state health exchanges.
She says her office is being bombarded with cases as she tries to clear up confusion over state and federal health care reform....and tries to get people the care they need.
Today, where we live, your chance to ask questions of the State healthcare advocate. Office of the Health Care Advocate Toll Free Helpline: 1-866-HMO-4446