Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
The Faith Middleton Show
Wed May 25, 2011
Faith Middleton's Food Schmooze: High Protein Almond Flour, a Superfood?
Elana Amsterdam is back on The Food Schmooze. Her book of recipes using high protein almond flour in place of white flour was a hit with us and our regular Food Schmooze listeners. So we invited Elana to join us again to talk about some of her recipe ideas.
We'll tell you all about why blanched almond flour is considered a superfood by some; how it differs from white wheat flour and how it registers on the glycemic index.
We're still excited about this because blanched almond flour makes a far better texture and flavor in baked goods. Anyone who can't have gluten or wheat knows how bad the texture can be using rice flour.