Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
Wed January 23, 2013
Education Wrap-Up: School Safety, Teacher Evaluations and Sexual Assault on Campus.
School safety and the evaluation of teachers are on the minds of state lawmakers.
After the Newtown shootings, people across the country - and especially in Connecticut - are asking how we can keep students from harm.
The legislature’s bipartisan task force on gun violence prevention, school security and mental health is taking up the topic and we’ll talk with State Representative Andy Fleischmann who is chair of the education committee.
We’ll also look at the rollout of teacher evaluations. It was a contentious part of Governor Malloy’s education reform package and some lawmakers are asking that it be put on hold for a year.
Finally, we’ll talk with advocates who are fighting sexual assault on college campuses. Connecticut Sexual Assault Crisis Services recently released their report card, grading Connecticut colleges and universities on this issue.