Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- In Hartford Eminent Domain Case, Property Owner Wants More Money
- The Ten All-Time Best Christmas Songs (of All Time)
- After Lawsuit Regarding Baseball Stadium, Hartford Changes Course
- What's Driving the Electric Rate Hike in Connecticut?; Herbalife's So-Called "Pyramid Scheme"
- Families of Pearl Harbor Casualties Want the Navy to Send Home Their Remains
Where We Live
Wed December 11, 2013
Corruption, Concessions, and Campaign Contributions
A state court threw out the convictions on corruption charges that would have sent former Hartford Mayor Eddie Perez to prison; Connecticut withdrew its appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court in a case involving state unions and former Governor John Rowland; state Democrats are raking in campaign contributions from Northeast Utility executives; and former state officials reflect on meeting Nelson Mandela.
On the latest edition of our weekly news roundtable The Wheelhouse, we talk about all these things, plus WNPR business reporter Harriet Jones will walk us through the labor negotiations at Lawrence and Memorial Hospital.
- Colin McEnroe - Host of The Colin McEnroe Show on WNPR
- Jeff Cohen - WNPR's capital region reporter
- Mark Pazniokas - Capitol bureau chief for The Connecticut Mirror
- Harriet Jones - WNPR business reporter
Remembering Nelson Mandela
Hartford Insurance Investigation