A new “bill of rights” has gone into effect for Connecticut’s electricity consumers. The bill is aimed at creating greater transparency in the marketing practices of third-party electric suppliers -- after many consumers complained that their electricity bills were increasing without warning.
This hour, we take a look at some of the recent changes made to Connecticut’s electricity laws, and see how they’re impacting local consumers.
Later, the global nutrition company Herbalife has faced a number of lawsuits and investigations for running what some call a “pyramid scheme,” and others call a “successful business model.” We take a look at the company’s operations in Connecticut, including its impact on the local Spanish-speaking community.
- Elin Katz - Connecticut’s Consumer Counsel
- John Erlingheuser - Advocacy Director for AARP Connecticut
- Luther Turmelle - Reporter for the New Haven Register
- Mary Sanders - Executive Director of the Spanish Speaking Center of New Britain
- Marco Gonzales - Senior Director of Corporate Communications at Herbalife North America