In Connecticut, youth unemployment rates are at historic highs, with teenagers being disproportionately affected. This hour, we take a closer look at some of the latest trends and find out what’s being done to help young people find jobs.
How old were you when you got your first job? Was that experience valuable to you? Share your story in the comments below.
- Drew DeSilver - Senior writer at the Pew Research Center
- Alicia Sasser Modestino - Associate Professor of Public Policy and Economics at Northeastern University
- Eliana Cardeno - Director of Jr. Apprentice, a teen apprenticeship program in Hartford
- Cyncere Preston - Student at Hartford’s Journalism and Media Academy Magnet School/CPBN Learning Lab
- Bruce Tulgan - Founder and CEO of Rainmaker Thinking, Inc. in New Haven; author of several books including Bridging the Soft Skills Gap: How to Teach the Missing Basics to Today’s Young Talent
John Dankosky, Lydia Brown, and Chion Wolf contributed to this show.