Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
Where We Live
Tue May 14, 2013
Chris Donovan's Former Campaign Finance Director on Trial
Last year’s congressional race in Connecticut’s 5th District was flipped on its head when former speaker Chris Donovan’s campaign finance director was indicted for hiding illegal campaign contributions.
The investigation into Donovan’s campaign eventually derailed the former Democratic Speaker of the House’s run. He lost the primary to Elizabeth Esty who would go on to win the general election.
Robert Braddock Jr. pleaded not guilty to the charges and his trial got underway in New Haven yesterday. Others facing charges have already made pleas...a spokesman for Donovan reminded reporters yesterday that he is not on trial, but in tapes played in court, his voice was heard.
The Connecticut Mirror’s Mark Pazniokas joins us in-studio to talk about the trial.