Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Transgender Teen Sent to Connecticut Adult Prison
- New Haven Cardboard Furniture Company Goes Beyond One-Man Production
- DCF Commissioner Defends Transfer of Transgender Juvenile to York Prison
- The Nose Replaces Colbert, Marries Jesus, and Has No Love For the Gov
- Connecticut's Growing Role in Mushroom Cultivation
Where We Live
Tue May 14, 2013
Chris Donovan's Former Campaign Finance Director on Trial
Last year’s congressional race in Connecticut’s 5th District was flipped on its head when former speaker Chris Donovan’s campaign finance director was indicted for hiding illegal campaign contributions.
The investigation into Donovan’s campaign eventually derailed the former Democratic Speaker of the House’s run. He lost the primary to Elizabeth Esty who would go on to win the general election.
Robert Braddock Jr. pleaded not guilty to the charges and his trial got underway in New Haven yesterday. Others facing charges have already made pleas...a spokesman for Donovan reminded reporters yesterday that he is not on trial, but in tapes played in court, his voice was heard.
The Connecticut Mirror’s Mark Pazniokas joins us in-studio to talk about the trial.