Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Tom Foley Won't Join Final Primetime Connecticut Gubernatorial Debate
- An Unusual, Non-Lethal Idea to Deal With Connecticut's Pesky Monk Parakeets
- Watch: Candidates for Connecticut Governor Debate in New London
- Gov. Malloy: "You Don't Have to Love Me"
- New Haven Patient Tests Negative in Preliminary Result After Isolation for Ebola-Like Symptoms
Where We Live
Mon May 26, 2014
Bringing Manufacturing Jobs Back to Connecticut
This hour, we kick off our year-long Made in Connecticut series with a conversation about keeping jobs in and bringing jobs back to Connecticut. Senator Chris Murphy joined us, along with WNPR’s Harriet Jones, and some folks from the local manufacturing industry, to take an in-depth look at the present and future of manufacturing in our state.
Can our state be home to a boom of reshored jobs? How can we keep the skilled manufacturing jobs we already have?
This show originally aired on April 22, 2014.
- Sen. Chris Murphy - U.S. senator from Connecticut
- Harriet Jones - WNPR reporter
- Sonny Morneault - National Sales Manager for Wittmann Battenfeld
- Kris Lorch - Owner of Alloy Engineering in Bridgeport