Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Room Escape: A New Genre of Entertainment Comes to New Haven
- Gov. Malloy Declares State of Emergency, Statewide Travel Ban
- Rising, Young Saxophonist Alexa Tarantino Headlines at Baby Grand Jazz Series
- For Tesla, a Fight in Connecticut to Open Stores and Sell Cars
- In Hartford, Griebel Considers City Council Run
Where We Live
Mon May 26, 2014
Bringing Manufacturing Jobs Back to Connecticut
This hour, we kick off our year-long Made in Connecticut series with a conversation about keeping jobs in and bringing jobs back to Connecticut. Senator Chris Murphy joined us, along with WNPR’s Harriet Jones, and some folks from the local manufacturing industry, to take an in-depth look at the present and future of manufacturing in our state.
Can our state be home to a boom of reshored jobs? How can we keep the skilled manufacturing jobs we already have?
This show originally aired on April 22, 2014.
- Sen. Chris Murphy - U.S. senator from Connecticut
- Harriet Jones - WNPR reporter
- Sonny Morneault - National Sales Manager for Wittmann Battenfeld
- Kris Lorch - Owner of Alloy Engineering in Bridgeport