Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Room Escape: A New Genre of Entertainment Comes to New Haven
- Gov. Malloy Declares State of Emergency, Statewide Travel Ban
- Rising, Young Saxophonist Alexa Tarantino Headlines at Baby Grand Jazz Series
- For Tesla, a Fight in Connecticut to Open Stores and Sell Cars
- In Hartford, Griebel Considers City Council Run
The Colin McEnroe Show
Wed February 16, 2011
Bringing Baseball Equipment To Cuban Kids
Last winter, West Hartford residents David Foster and Denis Horgan began collecting used baseball equipment to be sent to kids across Cuba.
Three shipments later, about 1,600 pounds of donated gear have been distributed in Cuba, and Foster and Horgan have just returned from a visit to the island nation. Denis Horgan, a former Hartford Courant columnist, joined us in the studio to talk about the experience and what they had to do to get all that equipment past the Cuban Embargo.
For more information on donating baseball equipment e-mail Denis directly.