The Book Show: May 29, 2014
Faith's motto on The Book Show is… Life is short, but it can be ever so wide.
Join Faith and her book buddies for a call-in show recommending terrific books to read in all categories. If you're in a book club, please tell us what you've read and enjoyed.
And, hey, kids, we'd love to hear from you about books you love.
Mystery, classics, science, history, politics, humor, cookbooks, memoirs, biographies, thrillers, science fiction, fantasy, instruction, graphic novels, health, happiness, wisdom—you'll hear it all on our book show.
This show originally aired on May 1, 2014.
- The Guts, Roddy Doyle
- Charles Dickens, Jane Smiley
- Barnaby Rudge, Charles Dickens
- Pegasus Descending, James Lee Burke
- A Passage to India, E. M. Forster
- Tess of the D'Urbervilles, Thomas Hardy
- Faith Fox, Jane Gardam
- Ghost Writer, Philip Roth
- Zuckerman Unbound, Philip Roth
- All the Light We Cannot See, Anthony Doerr
- Capital in the Twenty-First Century, Thomas Piketty
- In Paradise, Peter Matthiessen
- Love in the Time of Cholera and One Hundred Years of Solitude, Gabriel García Márquez
- The Interestings, Meg Wolitzer
- Roxanne Coady is the president and CEO of RJ Julia Bookseller.
- Lee Jacobus is the author, most recently, of A World of Ideas.
- Rose Quiello is a professor of English at Southern Connecticut State University.
- “Gne Gne,” Montefiori Cocktail
- “Tomorrow Is an Excuse for Today,” Kristian Dunn
- “Mass Urbanization,” Kristian Dunn
- “Rewrite,” Paul Simon