Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- In Hartford Eminent Domain Case, Property Owner Wants More Money
- The Ten All-Time Best Christmas Songs (of All Time)
- After Lawsuit Regarding Baseball Stadium, Hartford Changes Course
- What's Driving the Electric Rate Hike in Connecticut?; Herbalife's So-Called "Pyramid Scheme"
- Families of Pearl Harbor Casualties Want the Navy to Send Home Their Remains
Mon July 28, 2014
Big Money In Dollar Tree's Acquisition Of Family Dollar
In an $8.5 billion deal, Dollar Tree has agreed to acquire its rival discount chain, Family Dollar. What does this mean for Dollar General? And could Wal-Mart take customers away from all of them?
Howard Davidowitz joins Here & Now’s Jeremy Hobson to discuss how the business of dollar stores has adapted as the economy has improved.
- Howard Davidowitz, retail consultant and founder of Davidowitz & Associates, Inc.