Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
Wall of Honor
Wed May 22, 2013
Army Captain Andrew Pedersen-Keel: A Remembrance
On Thursday, May 23, the photo of U.S Army Captain Andrew Pedersen-Keel will be added to the State of Connecticut's Wall of Honor. It's a tribute to service members who died while serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Pedersen-Keel was killed March 11 in what the military calls a green on blue attack. An Afghan policeman shot him and another Special Forces soldier and wounded several others. WNPR's Lucy Nalpathanchil sat down with Pedersen-Keel’s mother, Helen, who tells us in her own words about her son. Click on the audio link to hear Helen Pedersen-Keiser.