Hurricane Maria Recovery
In the wake of Hurricane Maria, many people around Connecticut have been collecting supplies to help the relief effort in Puerto Rico. But it’s difficult to get those supplies to where they need to be, particularly to the more remote areas of the territory.
- ‘I Was Afraid Of Him And Of Immigration’: Domestic Violence Survivors Take Chance Applying For Special Visa
- Broad Jurisdiction Of U.S. Border Patrol Raises Concerns About Racial Profiling
- One Woman’s Quest To Help With Food And Family In Puerto Rico
- To Keep Native Medicinal Knowledge Alive, Leaders Organize Plant Walks
- Land Conservationists Worry Power Plant Will Fragment Forest, Harm Species
The speed and ferocity of the wildfires raging through Northern California's wine country have caught many residents off guard and left state officials scrambling to contain the flames. But for fire researchers, these devastating blazes are part of a much larger pattern unfolding across the Western United States. So far this year, fires in the U.S. have consumed more than 8.5 million acres — an area bigger than the state of Maryland. "We're definitely pushing one of the largest fire years...