Multiple coyote sightings in New London have put residents there on edge. They report coyotes following them on daytime walks with family pets and small children, showing no apparent fear of humans.
Even though President Trump calls the 100-days measure "ridiculous," the White House is still touting what one press release called the president's " historic accomplishments " — including 28 laws he has signed since taking office. But when it comes to legislation, political scientists say it is better to measure significance than to simply add up the number of bills. It is better, they argue, to ask whether a law changes the status quo or introduces a new policy idea. By that measure, there...
Follow @WNPR on Twitter
More News: Disease
The tick population and tick-borne diseases are steadily increasing in Connecticut and throughout the Northeast according to scientists. In response, Senator Richard Blumenthal announced a federal grant to enhance research efforts into mosquito and tick-borne diseases.
- Homeless, Addicted, and Overcoming a Long History of Neglect
- This Low-Cost, High-Level Soccer Club Turns Competition Into Opportunity
- How One Pediatric Refugee Clinic Helps Children “Move Beyond The Trauma”
- Farmworker Advocates Confront Ben & Jerry’s Board Members To Protest Labor Conditions
- No More “Addicts?” How One N.H. City Wants To Overhaul Your Addiction Vocabulary
More from WNPR
Tributes and condolences keep pouring in on social media for dancer, teacher, and choreographer Lee "Aca" Thompson, who died earlier this month at the age of 82.