Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Room Escape: A New Genre of Entertainment Comes to New Haven
- Gov. Malloy Declares State of Emergency, Statewide Travel Ban
- Rising, Young Saxophonist Alexa Tarantino Headlines at Baby Grand Jazz Series
- For Tesla, a Fight in Connecticut to Open Stores and Sell Cars
- In Hartford, Griebel Considers City Council Run
Where We Live
Thu August 7, 2014
Live From Litchfield's White Memorial Conservation Center
For 50 years, the White Memorial Conservation Center in Litchfield has provided a hands-on look at the natural diversity of northwestern Connecticut. With workshops, educational programs -- even its own Nature Museum -- the center has been teaching visitors about the various species and habitats found on the surrounding land.
This hour, we broadcast live from the White Memorial Conservation Center to celebrate its 50th anniversary. We learn about the sprawling habitats, winding trails, and recreational activities that White Memorial has to offer -- and even visit with some of its native critters.
Bats, owls, snakes… oh, my!
- Gerri Griswold - Director of Administration and Development at White Memorial Conservation Center
- Carrie Szwed - Education Director at White Memorial Conservation Center
- James Fischer - Research Director at White Memorial Conservation Center
To The Birdhouse!
Where We Live