Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Room Escape: A New Genre of Entertainment Comes to New Haven
- Gov. Malloy Declares State of Emergency, Statewide Travel Ban
- Rising, Young Saxophonist Alexa Tarantino Headlines at Baby Grand Jazz Series
- For Tesla, a Fight in Connecticut to Open Stores and Sell Cars
- In Hartford, Griebel Considers City Council Run
Hip Hop Classic
Fri June 13, 2014
Listen to a Beatboxer Explain How He Jams With the Hartford Symphony Orchestra
Beatboxer Shodekeh has the skills to improvise along with a symphony. How does he do it?
"There's a lot of improvisation, but also there's an equal balance of composition," Shodekeh said during an appearance on WNPR's The Colin McEnroe Show about classical music and beatboxing. He was preparing for a performance of "Fujiko's Fairy Tale" with the Hartford Symphony Orchestra.
Listen below as Shodekeh offers a sample of beatboxing, and talks about how he does this as accompaniment with classical music -- including a final, performed result.
Audio courtesy of the Hartford Symphony Orchestra.