Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Room Escape: A New Genre of Entertainment Comes to New Haven
- Gov. Malloy Declares State of Emergency, Statewide Travel Ban
- Older Than That Now: Dylan Sings Frank
- Rising, Young Saxophonist Alexa Tarantino Headlines at Baby Grand Jazz Series
- For Tesla, a Fight in Connecticut to Open Stores and Sell Cars
Fri August 8, 2014
Hartford Symphony Appoints Orchestra Management Director
The Hartford Symphony Orchestra has appointed a Director of Artistic Operations and Administration.
Stephen Collins is an orchestra management professional who was the former executive director of the Waterbury Symphony. He’s also worked in arts administration with the New Haven and Greater Bridgeport Symphonies. Collins is a percussionist with performing experience in orchestras, musical theater and freelance engagements. He has taught percussion throughout the region.
Earlier this year, the Hartford Symphony entered into a partnership with the Bushnell Center for the Performing Arts. Under the agreement, the HSO and The Bushnell remain independent, non-profit organizations. The HSO is contracting for management services from The Bushnell through an agreement that runs through the summer of 2016.