Frank Rich Says Fox News Is Over
From Faith Middleton: One of the nation's most interesting thinkers, writer Frank Rich talks with us about his analysis of what's happened to Fox News. Essentially, Rich says liberals and centrists keep falling for the Fox game, by responding to Fox's silly stories, like the so-called war on Christmas, or the birther controversy. The bait is offered time and again, and usually taken. Witness MSNBC's constant responses to Fox “news” reports.
But isn't it important to hit back when outrageous facts are tossed around? Possibly not, says Rich, since the Fox network is having some audience problems. While Fox is technically the most watched cable network, it is losing young viewers by the truckload. The average age of a viewer at Fox, says Rich, is 68, and decidedly conservative.
The main question to wrestle with is… is Fox as powerful as many think it is?
- Frank Rich is writer-at-large for New York magazine and a consultant for Veep on HBO.
- “Gne Gne,” Montefiori Cocktail
- “Everybody Wants To Rule the World,” Tears for Fears
- “Regiment,” Brian Eno + David Byrne
- “Yellow Bridges,” El Ten Eleven