The Book Show: January 9, 2014
Faith's motto on The Book Show is… Life is short, but it can be ever so wide.
Join Faith and her book buddies for a call-in show recommending terrific books to read in all categories. If you're in a book club, please tell us what you've read and enjoyed.
And, hey, kids, we'd love to hear from you about books you love.
Mystery, classics, science, history, politics, humor, cookbooks, memoirs, biographies, thrillers, science fiction, fantasy, instruction, graphic novels, health, happiness, wisdom—you'll hear it all on our book show.
- Dirty Love, Andre Dubus III
- Queen of the Tambourine, Jane Gardam
- Tess of the D'Ubervilles, Thomas Hardy
- A Passage to India, E. M. Forster
- How To Live: Or A Life of Montaigne in One Question and Twenty Attempts at an Answer, Sara Bakewill
- Behind the Beautiful Forevers, Katherine Boo
- Roxanne Coady is the president and CEO of RJ Julia Bookseller.
- Lee Jacobus is the author, most recently, of A World of Ideas.
- Rose Quiello is a professor of English at Southern Connecticut State University.
- “Gne Gne,” Montefiori Cocktail
- “Do You Feel Loved,” U2
- “Take Me to the River,” Talking Heads
- “Rewrite,” Paul Simon