Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
Tue October 23, 2012
Youth Vote: It's Debatable
New Britain, CT - President Barack Obama and Republican candidate Mitt Romney met on October 3rd for the first of their three debates. The CPBN Media Lab Interns went out to Central Connecticut State University the next day to speak with students about the debate.
Many students did not watch the debate, either because they had work or because they were not interested in the debate. A few people recorded the debate, and planned to watch it the following weekend. Based on what they had heard, students had mixed opinions. Some felt that Romney controlled the debate and made up ground; others felt it was still a toss up. When asked who they think will win the general election, students were split.