Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
Where We Live
Tue December 6, 2011
Young people in New Haven are tackling the crime problem with microphones and video cameras. This is just part of a growing number of youth media projects that are opening up ears and minds about young people growing up around the world.
Today, we’ll talk to the head of Youth Rights Media in New Haven - and a Yale World Fellow and Ted Fellow Gavin Sheppard. He started his own organization in Toronto, empowering youth through creative industries like music and writing.