Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
Wed August 6, 2014
Walgreens Plans Foreign Merger Without Moving Headquarters
The Illinois-based drugstore chain Walgreens is moving ahead with a foreign merger with the Swiss-based company Alliance Boots.
But Walgreens will continue to be based in the U.S., even as some health care companies have been striking foreign merger deals in order to relocate overseas and pay lower taxes — a practice that is known as an inversion.
Joe Weisenthal of business insider joins Here & Now’s Jeremy Hobson with details.