Wait, The Royal Birth Wasn't The Only News Of The Week?
Are you ready for the 2014 gubernatorial election? I don't think we are, but we waded into it anyway after Senate Minority Leader John McKinney announced his bid for the governor's mansion.
We also discuss the ongoing issue of money in politics. Host of the Decode DC podcast (and former NPR congressional reporter) Andrea Seabrook tackles this in her latest episode. She spoke with former U.S. Congressman Lee Hamilton who called money the biggest problem in politics.
WNPR's Jeff Cohen joins us to talk about the bizarre story of Jared Kupiec. He's Hartford Mayor Pedro Segarra's former chief-of-staff. Jeff sums up the story of Kupiec continuing to use his city car after leaving his job but he also asks an odd question coming out of this: At Hartford City Hall, what's it mean to leave your job?
We also talk with CT News Junkie's Christine Stuart about the rollout of more aspects of the Affordable Care Act. We may not discuss the royal birth, but we do check-in with WNYC's Anna Sale about another bizarre story in New York City: Anthony Weiner.
- Jeff Cohen - WNPR's capital region reporter
- Christine Stuart - Editor at CT News Junkie
- Chris Keating - Capitol bureau chief for the Hartford Courant
- Andrea Seabrook - Host of Decode DC
- Scott Gurian - Sandy Recovery Reporter for NJ Spotlight, WNYC and NJ Public Radio
- Anna Sale - Reporter for WNYC